Originally Posted By BobR
Originally Posted By TRENDZ
Here are some pictures of a Griffin radiator that a friend of mine had in his '57 chevy. This was the 3rd radiator from them. Each one did the same thing. The car now has a Northern radiator with the tanks modded by me to work in his car. These Griffins were $1100 each. They come polished with an A/C condenser. The brown is from "bars leaks" that he needed to put in to drive home from a show in Minnesota.

I had a Griffin on my T/A. It gets hot here in Socal...100+ many summer days. Never had any issues and I had it in the car for 8 years before I sold it to a guy in New Zealand. I also used waterless coolant. No need for sacrificial anodes.

I may sound inept, but what is waterless coolant?
Yeah, it can exceed 100 degrees here too... But you don't see -30 degree temps there. The problem usually shows up as a weep after winter storage, and turns into a gusher by summer. Like I said, no radiator shop around here will touch an epoxied core, and a new version of the same crappy radiator is 1100 dollars. I guess certain areas of the country are acceptable for use with these things.
The Northern radiator has been in the car for 2 years now with no failures as of yet. It cost just under 200 bux. It was a do it yourself kit as far as tank inlet/outlet and mounts etc... I'm fortunate enough to do the mods here, so if you can't do it yourself, it will cost more.
I have the same Northern radiator in my 1st gen diesel going on 7 years now, but it is corroding internally. My fault for the rubber isolation and no grounding. Perhaps the coolant you suggest would help me? I'm sure the radiator isn't long for this world after looking inside of it. Even the cap sealing area is pitted. Is this coolant rated for cold temps?

"use it 'till it breaks, replace as needed"