you guys are cool: Thanks for giving a hoot smile

Originally Posted By Clanton
.Do you have a priming rod to turn the oil pump?

I do, but I had pulled all the lifters out for a look and reassembled. By the time I turned it over with a ratchet + the starter setting valve lash, priming shaft seemed redundant....there was actually quite a bit of oil still clinging to the rockers even after sitting that long... so I just spun it awhile with the starter like I already was doing.

Originally Posted By Sport440
After 4 years what did you do fuel wise, with the gas in the tank and in the carbs. Great to see you get it running again.

Actually a great question...Alot can go wrong!...already had Sta-Bil in the tank, and I shut off the pump and ran the engine until the carb was empty 4 years ago. Then when I got ready to fire it up again, I pulled the lines off the carb, put them in a gas can and ran it until the tank was empty, Put the old stabilized gas in my wife's daily driver, and put fresh gas in the old Plymouth so it wouldn't have any problems. then after putting the fuel lines back on, I filled the carb and checked for leaks before firing it. Bought an extra carb kit, will probably go through it later. Hopefully I can go get my 10, pound on the car some more and then focus on metal/paint/interior, tired of having the ugliest car in town LOL. The lines seem OK but will take a better look once it is in the shop....

Originally Posted By GTX MATT
Sounds good, whats the combo?

Thanks! Without getting too gory, the highlights are: 451ci low deck with rpm heads, victor manifold, .630 endurance roller, and 2-inch super comps.

Originally Posted By krautrock
what cam you have in that motor Zippy???

It's a .630 roller, custom grind from Porter Racing Heads. I think its 262/266 at .050 on a 110 or right around that.

Rich H.

Esse Quam Videri