With the economy going the way it is my plans to finish my ongoing projects are going to be put on hold for a while. So I have decided to build a budget 12 second bracket car to go to the local track with and have some fun and blow off some steam. After loosing almost half of my savings in the market I have come to the realization that I need an outlet and this will be it. I'm tired of bench racing...Its time, while I still have a house to live in and a garage to work in....lol

This forum has always been extremely helpful with past projects and I am looking forward to building this car with you guys..

As soon As I can figure out how to resize pics ill post pics as I go along.

Here is what I have to use.

1966 Belvedere II. Its an old race car from the 70's. It has an older cage in it. The car is gutted. I can pick it up and move it over...lol Im not sure what it weighs as a Roller? It has a fiberglass hood, trunk lid and bumpers.

1977 Lo Mi. 440 Cast Crank Engine Runs Great

Two 727s Im rebuilding one as we speak....

742 Case with 4.88 brand new...I know I know I need gears

Torker Intake, Headman Headers, 750 DP
MSD 6AL & Blaster Coil M/T 29.5x10w slicks and other misc.parts.
Being this is a Budget Build and My budget is next to nothing im looking for your ideas and input to help get me where I need to be.

My first question is I need a cam that will make power with a low compression motor. Any suggestions? And what gear ratio should I use with that cam? Also stall what stall speed.

I have ordered all new brake lines and will be doing that this weekend.

Thanks in advance...looking forward to hearing your input..

Pics to come asap
Oh btw I weigh 230lb...haha

1965 Belvedere II 440 4psd 4.10 Driver 1966 Belvedere II Race Car Project 1970 Duster Street Car Project 2003 Hemi Ram Quad Cab 4x4