The original springs on my 67 Coronet station wagon are about done. ESPO would not quote me - they claim that SW springs used a thicker steel and the rear shackles were different too.

I know I have a tailgate and some extra roof, but I assume I can go ahead and use sedan springs with a higher rate and not have them whizz apart like a feeler gauge at the first corner I take.

I'm thinking something in the 150lb range? I have seen guys with 3200-3300# cars run these springs for race and the wagon carried 300-400lbs curb weight additional. I'm not sure if my Deluxe actually would've been 3,625lb as I have found since that number isn't listed as with/without AC, roof rack, other junk I don't have.

The car handles okay with the stock tired springs and upgraded sways, so I don't want to go nuts. Does AFCO vs Mopar XHD vs anyone else make a difference? Composite would be overkill for me. I will be pairing them with either .96 or 1.03 T-bars and I'm using Hotchkis' Fox shocks (not the very latest, the ones from a couple years ago).

1967 Dodge Coronet Deluxe station wagon

1.03" T-bars, QA1 arms/rods, Cordoba/GM Metric/Volare brake & knuckle, XHDs, Hellwig rear sway, 318 Magnum w/ air gap, 727, 3.23s