Originally Posted By fast68plymouth
I'm kinda with Russ on this one........ although there really didn't seem to be enough info for me to recommend anything.

Is the motor going in a 3/4 ton truck with exhaust manifolds, a 12" converter and 35" tires that you'll be using to haul your bass boat around?

Or, is it going in a gutted out old bracket race A body with plastic windows and 4.56 gears?

Or something else completely?

It's going in a '73 Cuda that's been tubbed and subframed with a narrowed rear end. It was previously a drag car and has a 10 point cage in it (i want to remove part of the cage, but not sure how to go about that without having a negative effect on chassis stability)
I'll be running 15" tire in the rear with a 3.55 gear. I haven't picked a converter yet, or a carb, and I will be running headers and maybe you can help me with some suggestions on that. I hope to eventually upgrade to aluminum heads but I am trying to keep the spending on track so I will do that later. I will not be all out racing but I do want it to run good.
Right now I am upgrading the axles and brakes. The engine is next so I am trying to get all my parts and pieces together so I will have everything ready to bolt on and drop in.
thanks!

edit; 28" x 15" tire

Last edited by lostdog; 04/07/17 11:47 AM.