Originally Posted By moparx
Originally Posted By BlueGhost
Originally Posted By Arominus
I'm still on the fence, i may be brave and just do the push button shift with the 60's axle we have. Thing is the E-brake pull on the FL cars doesn't really have a "safety". It can pop off if bumped and that kinda sucks. I'm leaning towards a floor shifter to get the park function out of the 518, as cool as the buttons are, having the car roll away would suck.

With the push button shifter in reverse, there is still some travel left in the cable mechanism. I've wondered if a second cable attached to a lever under the dash could be used pull/push the cable on the shifter/trans into the park position. Something that when released would give the shifter enough slack to operate normally.

i have wondered the same thing, as i plan on using this transmission in my humpback project with a raised box on the driveshaft tunnel. with the stories about imperial services making me somewhat leery of sending in my shifter assembly for modification, i figure if they could come up with a modification that would work, i believe i can too. but i am a way from getting into that part of the build. however, i do keep my eyes and ears alert for ideas to make this happen.
beer

Imp services does not have the greatest rep and they are not currently offering a cable. I had not heard that they had a conversion that added park though, just the cable that adapted the buttons to the newer trans.

A&A sells the cable to just run the Push buttons with the newer trans with stock functionality.

http://www.aandatrans.com/Products/Push-...le__AACCPE.aspx

Last edited by Arominus; 04/05/17 12:51 PM.

1957 Desoto Firesweep 2dr
392/A518 builds in progress.