Originally Posted By derricklaukaitis
Awesome build! I'm in the middle of transferring both front and rear suspensions from a 2006 Charger R/T (I'll upgrade to SRT-like components after install) to my '50 Panel Van and your thread has caught my eye...

Did you bolt the rear cradle in or weld it in? Do you have any pics of how the connection points ended up?

I don't have any good pictures at the moment but I will try to get some. The IRS frame was too wide so it was modified in two ways. We didn't want to modify the links/geometry. to do this, two inches needed to come out of the middle of the IRS frame. Since the differential mounts to the rear bar of the IRS frame, one inch was taken out on the outside of both the differential mounting holes. The passenger side section cuts were straight up/down on both frame bars but the driver side cut was a Z shaped cut (offset) due to some bushings. Next the 4 IRS mounting ears were cut off to fit the IRS frame between the rear subframe rails. The IRS frame will be welded in. The subframe rail will also be notched to raise the IRS frame up into the car and to allow full articulation of the links.

1970 Barracuda B5 6.1 Hemi/6 speed
1969 Charger survivor in R6 383/727-wrecked 12/24/18
1968 Charger in original burgundy paint "Ribeye"
1968 Charger w/ 6.1L, TR-6060, 9"
1968 Roadrunner w/ 6.1L/6 speed
2011 Dodge Ram w/ 6.7L