You should be able to tell your machine shop that is doing the align hone what size you want it to end up being, on the big side of the factory specs or the small size. Ask them about that as it does have an effect on how much main bearing clearnances you end up with. I would take the crank to the machine shop and have THEM measure it with THIER micrometers and then decide on what size the main bores should end up at so you get the clearnances you want, take the main bearing with you also if you have them, if you don't have them now get them before having the work done. I measure every rod and main bearing torqued up and write them down as soon as I'm done measuring each one, I also maesure every rod and main bearing surface on the crankshaft and write them down so I can do the math to see what the actual clearnances are I'm a firm beleiver in having the clearances on the loose side instead of the tight side, .002 to .003 on the rod bearings using steel rods and .025 to .035 on the mains with stock type main caps

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 02/17/09 10:57 PM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)