I'll be a little more precise.

Lets say you have a 12" 130 lb spring. That 130# spring is compressed to 11" inches it measures 130 lbs of load.

The way the spring is correctly installed on the shock is to loosen the platforms. Install the spring on the shock. COMPRESS THE SPRING 1" to 11" installed on the shock. Lock down the platforms and DO NOT touch them. Install the coilover on the car. Let down...drive or jounce the car to settle suspension. Now...block up the rear tires on blocks or put car on drive on lift. Measure from bolt center to bolt center of coilover. Koni will give a spec measurement for your given shock for bolt center to bolt center....if your shock measures SHORTER your spring rate is too soft....if it measures LONGER than spec...too stiff. This is the CORRECT way to measure spring rate on your car. DO NOT CRANK UP the platforms...all your doing is faking the shock into thinking its in operating range....when all your doing is making for coil bind in your suspension. You wouldn't add 1/2" of shims to a valve spring to get and sitffer seat pressure would you?...same difference.

Hope I made it undrstandable

For some people spring rate is voodoo or That's what ________ said i needed....funny thing is...they dont know your car on a telephone.

Last edited by Chassisman; 03/30/17 12:58 AM.