Originally Posted By Crizila
Originally Posted By John_Kunkel
Originally Posted By Crizila
Sooo, it appears that my existing system will hold the engine temp (@ idle rpm with no load )at around 190 - 215*.

Warmer weather will probably bring higher temps. You might consider changing your coolant to the Evans Coolant so the higher temps don't build dangerous system pressures.

http://www.evanscoolant.com/vehicle-types/hot-rods-muscle-cars/
Looking at that stuff John. Presently running a 10 lb cap with 60 / 40 mix - water/ glycol. My next step is changing the crank pulley from my existing 5.750 aluminum pulley to a stock 7.25 OEM pulley. This should speed up the pump about 200 RPM. The additional flow through the rad might just be enough. Step in the right direction anyway. Gonna do this before I install a remote trans cooler.
Ok, ran the car today in the garage at idle with the larger crank pulley and no stat. Dropped the temps by at least 10 degree's. I can now get the temp to cycle off the fan on/off setting ( between 180 - 190 ). As soon as it warms up outside, I will drive it at speed (65+ ) with the A/C on and check it that way. If it is good with ambient temps in the 90's, I may not have to use a remote trans cooler.

Fastest 300