No idea how much was removed but IIRC the pistons were close to flush if not below the deck.

I decided to bite the bullet and try the shims. Innovative machine has them in different thicknesses so I went with a .030 shim.

I would have preferred to cut the pistons but I would have to have them pressed off then cut or new pistons. It would have been new pistons. Then I would wanted it re-balanced, and with no guarantee the lower deck and shaved heads wouldn't cause valve to piston problems. If I was gonna sink $1500 more in this motor, I would just buy a DOHC car and part it into mine.

I would swap the block but the Stealth block has a different oiling system than the other Chrysler/Mitsu 3.0's because the engine is mounted reversed of the other. I may or may not have had to find another Stealth/3000GT block. They may interchange but I never could get a definite answer.

I may regret it but I am willing to gamble. The worst I am out is about $300 in parts if it fails and I have to build another engine anyway. I should get $300 worth of driving in before it blows the head gasket anyway.

Thanks for the advice up

Wish me luck luck