I've decided to get a new oil dipstick and actually use the motor mount bolt "loop" so I don't pull it out of the block. I've added Hedman 1-5/8" headers & I have the #1 cylinder's primary pipe going right over the top of the #3 cylinder's spark plug before turning down after exhaust port #5 (runs left-right, sorry no picture). I've been using a slightly modified "el cheapo" chrome dipstick & I think I bent it to clear Hooker headers I had on there before, if that matters.
[​IMG]
I've got an aftermarket oil pan on the car (Milodon "six pack" style). Even though I marked the dipstick after I put in fresh oil (7 qts. with filter), I'm still not 100% sure my oil level is correct. My thinking is that "whatever" pan you put on a 440, the oil level distance below the block's oil pan rail should be the same.... deeper pan = more oil, but the "full mark" should still be correct regardless of the pan you're using. Does that sound right?

http://thumbs.ebaystatic.com/images/g/XxwAAOSw6DtYUARG/s-l225.jpg

Here're my other questions:

1. Would another "el cheapo" dipstick like shown above read my oil level correctly? OR, will I have to calibrate it myself when I do an oil change?

2. Would the factory OEM dipstick clear my headers?

3. If I had to bend a factory OEM dipstick to clear my headers, would that affect the "full" mark?

4. What is the correct Chrysler part number for a '70 440+6 Roadrunner? 3698500?

I'm sorry this is sort of rambling. I'm wondering if I'm worried over nothing and/or over-thinking this situation. I just want to be sure my oil level is at the correct height. I have an oil leak and I'm wondering if I'm over-filling the engine. THANKS!

70 Roadrunner convt. street car 440+6, NOS, 4-spd, SS springs '96 Mustang GT convt. street car '04 4.6 SOHC, NOS, auto, lowered "Officer, that button is for short on-ramps"