There seems to be almost universal love for B1 heads, and yet when you buy a set of those bare, they are much farther from being a finished, ready to use head than any Indy head I've ever had in my shop....... And everyone seems to be fine with that.
Guides that are 5 thou undersize, seats just a big chunk of ductile iron, pushrod tunnels that require clearancing. Every set I've seen in use has some sort of external drain back lines added, yet the provisions for those lines aren't part of the std machining on the casting....... And no one is complaining.

Buying bare Indy heads is buying an unfinished part. When bought that way they come without a finished deck surface for about 10-12 years now.

Oh, and I have a set of stage 6 heads in the shop that also have the multi pass finish.

Just to be clear, I'm not taking the position that Indy stuff is always perfect. I've seen many things over the 15 years of selling their heads that really could have been done better, but the things you're crying about wouldn't be on the list.

My take on this thread is....... You bought unfinished parts and are unhappy that they aren't as finished as you hoped/expected.
I think if you would have asked more questions before actually placing the order, you would have known what was going to show up at your door.

68 Satellite, 383 with stock 906’s, 3550lbs, 11.18@123
Dealer for Comp Cams/Indy Heads