I have had in my possession for probably 20 years a disk brake setup. I bought it a long time ago and I can hardly remember the details. It has new rotors, new calipers, new master cylinder new hoses, and new bearings - all still in the box. I also have a set of disk brake spindles and the brake shields as well as a used (but in great shape) distribution block. The rotors are 11" with a 5x4" bolt pattern (SBP).

I want to use these parts on my 66 Barracuda. It has 10" drums on the front and its a single reservoir. I do NOT want to convert it to the the large bolt pattern at this time as I don't want to deal with converting the rear end.

I'm making sure I have all the parts I need. And, it appears I have everything but I am not sure about the wheel hubs. There doesn't appear to be anything wrong with the ones on the drums now. But, should I replace them and if so, where can I get JUST the wheel hub assembly? Any ideas?

Also, if I don't replace the hubs, what's the best procedure for separating the existing wheel hubs from the drums?

Next, what else might I be missing in terms of parts? Do I need a proportioning valve?

Last, I am thinking I should probably replace the upper and lower ball joints and tie rods while I am at it - not been replaced since I've had it. Any suggestions on the best place to buy those parts?

Last edited by Joatha; 02/25/17 08:25 PM.

1966 Barracuda 1968 Barracuda convertible 1930 Ford Model A (soon to be hemi equipped) 2006 Dodge 3500 4X4 CTD Quad Cab