Anyone who comes after one of my cars with an ice pick will leave pronto! It may be a great way to find rust but seriously?

I guess all you picky picky guys are sitting on your own E-bodies. I remember when they had absolutely no value and most had rust. They got crushed by the ton. Higher performance versions lived until they met the proverbial tree.

Nowadays they are pricey no matter what condition. Several years ago a friend had bought a '73 360 driver for $7000 and I thought that was a great deal. It may have not been a great deal but it was what the market would support.

So you need to find the rust, for sure, as that is where the $$$ goes. And keep in mind that most any 40 year old car body is going to have some problems. IMHO if body panels have been replaced in a professional manner they are probably better than what you'll find when you take the 40 year old paint.

I'd bet that if you started with buying a good 20-foot car and got it right it'd set you back $40K total. Numbers matching will go up from there.

I wish you the best.

R. (waiting for the flames)