Originally Posted By hemi-itis
Originally Posted By Scully
Here's a pic my friend found on facebook, my car is second from the left, it was taken sometime in early 74. To the right is Joe Scotto's 64 Fury, I bought that aluminum hood in 1980. I spoke with the person who put the pic up and he said he was about 15 and he went to National on a Sunday with his dad and shot some pics. Typically I raced at National on Tuesday nights and Hampton on Saturday and Sundays. The chances of me being at front of staging with Scotto on a Sunday and this kid taking and posting this pic on the internet over 40 years later is one in a billion.

Did you run at Islip at all? Supposedly my 63 was a record holder there and I have not been able to find anything.

I hung out at Islip in the late 60s, we could take our bikes from West Islip and hang out in the trees behind the starting line, I never raced there but started racing at Hampton in May 71 shortly after getting my license. What kind of engine or class was it raced in. There was a 63 out of CI I think that had a 383 and was called Sad Sack, Bowers may have raced his 63 there but I can't think of any others.