I run a 5 stage set up and this is my third. I can tell you the quality of the pump will determine the need for a vacuum pump in addition. With the Daily stuff there was no need for a vacuum pump. It pulled 20-22" of vacuum no problem. The Moroso and Peterson stuff I have used required a vacuum pump, they were 5-8" of vacuum with nothing else. Just got off the dyno with a stock car products one and it pulled 3" wit just the oil pump, all of these were 5 stage deals. From my experience Dailey stuff is HANDS down superior to the rest. You pay for that superiority to be sure, but IMO worth the money.

Getting the oil back in a BB Mopar is the biggest hurdle. One benefit is obviously less oil in the pan and reduced windage and if there is something catastrophic happens you have less oil in the pan to begin with. I have run both GOOD wet sump systems and a dry sump in a BB and frankly not sure there is any other huge benefit from the dry sump. If you run a Dailey pump you wont need a vacuum pump, anything else IMO you will need it. The expense can get up there for sure, but figure at least $4000 and up by the time you are done using something like a Moroso, or stock car products pump. The plumbing can get expensive for sure, one thing people don't take into account.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"