Folks here will bash them just wait until more see the post--
here is my experience with about two dozen sets I have personally used
Some came with ARP bolts--were they real? Duh who knows
Some came with some hang thai bolts--were they any good?? who knows have any I have ever used in hot street and mild race applications ever failed?? not to my knowledge--no one has called complaining
I was buying them to start with for like $260 a set shipped then it finally wound up near $300 set for same quality different names--
Rods fail because folks used stock rods with ten ton TRW forged pistons then exceeded the RPM limit that combo WOULD live at
98% of rod failures are about 1% of all rods used-- I would say in a wild guess based upon my experience in many engine shops--Rods usually just don't fail but photos of failed rods have a 99% chance of being shown on the interweb so....
Take those catpuke rods out of the box--take one wrist pin to the shop with you so they can make sure pin is not too tight in the rods--torque them with correct lube ( pick one the China guys don't use ARP ) and then check big ends--takes about two minutes--if they are a tad big who cares--if way too small then correct--not very likely they are bad enough to cause an issue
Slap those bad boys in your engine and Rock on !!!
you will catch a lot of Hell so LIE and say you have Lentz rods or Carillos ( they are most expensive I can think of) and when all goes well just laugh and enjoy life--and...if one flys out the oil pan make lots of pictures --post on the web--and you will gain fame and get thousands of hits online and have one heck of a tale to tell--Many guys race for decades and never really blow one up so.......
You show me where I can score some more for under $280 a set--the old price--and I will buy a footlocker full of them

and....the reason that they may not have ARP bolts is simple--eagle and Scat have made deals so they are the only guys that can get the ARP bolts for cheapo China forged rods--neat trick--nothing in China has an ARP bolt and they are building a moon lander as we speak and have hundreds of submarines, etc so....
Are they as good as some others --not likely but will they work in most guys back yard hot rod--sure they will if normal precautions are taken as in any build $15 rods turn 10,000 in go karts etc so...

Last edited by crabman173; 01/23/17 11:36 PM.