Currently Im in the process of my T/A 4spd car. Its a number matching car, with original sheet metal and and broadcast sheet. Luckily, I only have to replace a trunk floor. I have to get a new dash pad like most everyone, and what i ended up doing for the dash vin was to take very good photos of it, fender tag, door tag, and broadcast sheet. I was then able to prove ownership with title and photos and I was able to buy the Rosette rivets to replace it with.

As far as swapping out vin stamped panels, I feel that if you take the same photos, and take photos of the old panel in the car then take photos of the new panel, it would still hold its authenticity. Documentation is everything on a car. if you have the proper photos, proper documents, receipt for new panel, why would there be a problem? Also, if you decide to sell, the proper thing to do is inform the purchaser of the changes and show the documentation to back it.

If I were to buy a high end, rare car, and I noticed vins were tampered or not there, I would ask for the supporting documentation. if no documentation could be obtained, I walk away, unless I was getting a good deal, and was planning on a driver car.

Just my thoughts

Justin Baldwin
Kenai, AK