Originally Posted By moparx
Originally Posted By Crizila
Like all automotive projects similar to what we do, you need to have a plan going in (long before you start) - and the plan should include where you live and how far you have to drive to do the things you want to do with your project such as shows, racing, fun trips, etc. This car, obviously, is not going to be something that you would want to drive very far from home. If you want to participate in stuff that is over 100 miles from home base, and be able to drive there and back ( in any weather ), Your car is going to have to be equipped with more than a cell phone. smile And no matter how much you try to make your car road worthy, a trailer back is almost always mandatory. wave

absolutely correct. at my age and condition, i have a somewhat complete contingency plan thought out. what's funny is, the car [my 33 dodge humpback panel truck] is nowhere near complete. it will be a real pain to drive more than around 100 miles, so i either need many stops, or trailer it to where the destination will be. with that said, i am trying to keep my vision of 40+ years ago alive, and i hope to be able to complete this vision to a somewhat driveable state before i cash in. if my life changes even a little bit in the next year, i hope to be able to continue on this quest, and hope to be able to share a pic or two on the progress.
beer
Sticking with our original plan for my 33, I wanted to carry provisions to fix a flat on the road if necessary. I carry a small bottle jack, lug wrench, inflation bottle with sealer in it, in a little compartment in mt trunk.

trunk1.jpgtrunk2.jpg

Fastest 300