Originally Posted By NV69B7RR
Ohh yeah Lee, I've gotten on it a bunch! First gear is almost useless at full throttle unless going downhill. Those Goodyears spin pretty easily. I know what you mean now about there being 2 noticeable peaks in power.
When pushed/ outta shape its very predictable on corrections and steering input. I love how it just goes straight when the tires spin, not sideways like so many other cars I've driven/ owned. Its really hard to put into words how well it handles and drives. You would think with the giant Tbars that it would ride like crap but it doesn't, my 89 Saleen was stiffer but didn't handle anywhere close to as good as the Valiant does. Its quick, with traction & gears I bet it could lay down a pretty impressive time in the 1/4 mile. It is just the most visceral experience of a classic Mopar that I've ever been in.

The tires are for the SCCA CAM T & Optima series rule that dictate a 200 tread wear tire. Full slicks would be fun too if I lived close to a track.

Yep, the powerband is pretty interesting. The first time I rolled into the throttle, I was going downhill in second and thought it wasn't going to spin the tires, then the tach needle went past 4 grand. It did step sideways a bit, but was controllable.

The ride is pretty good. It's because the rear springs aren't very stiff. They are actually 40 plus year old 340 springs. I drove it on several 50 mile round trips and the thing that gets you is the heat and noise, both of which can be addressed with sound deadener/insulation.

Can't wait to see how it does in CAM-T. Keep us posted!

'67 is an abbreviation of 1967
67' is an abbreviation of 67 feet
They are not interchangeable.