So the carburetor must need more accelerator pump shot, right?
The engine is a 493, MP 528 cam, Demon 850 with vacuum secondaries. The acc pump cam is the pink one. I have a set of new pump cams to test but before I do, I'm curious as to how strong of a stream I should be seeing.
For comparison, the Thermo quad I was having trouble with now has a steady stream but a much smaller width stream than my Demon. On the Demon, The lever rests right on the cam and the other end rests right against the pump arm. There is no slop there. It does immediately push fuel but not like a strong stream one might see after a few beers.
boogie
More info: The stumble is just off idle. Anything over 1900 rpms or so it is fine. Given my rudimentary carburetor knowledge, does this condition mean that the primary circuit is in play and the acc. pump isn't as crucial?
Also, it seems that this is a recent development. I'm wondering if the pump cam started wearing or if the turn to colder weather (35-55 degrees) is adding to the problem. The Charger is not driven daily, just when time and weather allows.

Last edited by Frankenduster; 12/21/16 10:12 PM.