Do the kids cruise like back in the day...No. Different worlds.

After reading all thee above thread I feel sorry for some of you guys in other parts of the country...and I mean that sincerely. It seems like it is feast or famine. Either lots of enthusiasm and Events or lots of Elites/Regulations/Bad Apples etc killing the Events/Cruising.

Here in Central Kentucky though, cruising and car shows are bursting at the seams. It might look like shameless self promotion, but go check out my website...www.thecruisenightpage.com....and go to the calendar and Galleries. You can still see all of the 2016 Events Posted and all the pictures that My Staff and I take.

From April-May on you will see there are 2-3 cruises/Shows per day on the Weekends..Friday-Saturday-Sunday. Then Katie bar the door the rest of the summer. It jumps to 4-5 per weekend dayday. There are some August and September Saturdays that have 15 events.

Granted, some National Events are listed too, but if you push it you can make 3 or 4 in night if you just want to cruise in, grab a dash plaque. Pick a direction and you will most likely find an event.

All that being said it is a few late 30's through 40's. A lot of 50's and 60's and a sprinkling of 70's. We even had an D-Day vet that cruised with us pass a year or two ago and one Pacific Theatre Vet that still is with us driving a 45 Willys jeep.

The 16-25 Crowd keeps to themselves and cruises...or rather..parks in a lot down town Lexington known as the pit. Same references as above. Tuners, a few Mustangs, Covettes, etc. Mostly not interested in the older people or older cars. The Street Outlaw shows are going to get some of these kids or other people hurt. Just what being a kid is about I suppose.

Anyway, for us Old Geezers, The 50's Drive in is called the Parkette Drive-in. 4th Friday I have a cruise in there and we fill the place up with New/Old Classics/Originals/Traditional Hot Rods/Rat Rods/Vettes/Mustangs/Challengers/Everything. Get a Dash plaque , Draw for a Door prize and Get a Poor Boy and Fries. You can't beat it or the really nice people who cruise in. Good times.

This was longer than I started it to be, but even you guys in cruising oppressed parts of the country can get some Cruise-In's going. Yeah, it's not the same as rolling all night like back in the day, but it is really good excuse to it out and ride for a while. Maybe hit two or three??

Get a place..Like Parktte...Sonic....Hardee's or Wherever the old Hang out used to be and see if they will let you have a cruise. If they will sponsor it, great. If not, just see they wouldn't mind. I bet when they look at the receipts at the end of the night they will ask you back. Like I said before, we literally have too many. Not a Bad problem to have in the summer.

If you don't start it , you don't have to end it.