MP World Hemi block P5153942. The other number above that is 0803049A946. This block was sold by Summit. It is a mild 10.5:1 540 with a 250* FTS cam. The stroker kit and cam came from Ray Barton. The heads are MP Edelbrocks ported by MCH.

The engine takes several minutes to warm up with a thermostat. And I have tried several different ones, both 160* and 180*. A few minutes after the temp gage stabilizes, it starts climbing until it pegs. Then sometimes it stays there until I shut it off and let it set a few minutes. And then sometimes it drops back down to normal.

Now comes the weird part. After the temp drops to normal, I can drive it all day long and it does fine. I think that the issue is on the passenger side which is where the temp sender is located. As the engine warms up the passenger side is 10* to 15* ahead of the drivers.

The outside of the engine does not get above about 190* on the pass side, but the radiator will be spewing and you can hear the water inside the engine bucking. While the drivers side shows 130* or 140* on the outside of the head.

I know there were machining issues on the pass side of these blocks and I have pulled that front core plug and water pump housing and cleaned up that area as much as I can. It does appear to be a bit obstructed in that area, but not blocked.

I am resigned to the fact that I will probably be pulling the engine out and apart. I just want to be sure that there is nothing I can do with it in and together. Or to make sure that if I have to pull it, that I get to the bottom the issue.

I would really appreciate any insight into this. And I apologize for the length of this post.

Thank you help

Master, again and still