I have been maintaining med duty trucks since the 80s. Here's one example of why I think Navistar trucks are junk now a days. Not to mention the oil leaky engine with it's hi pressure oil pump that does not last. 800 bucks for a hi pressure oil pump to fire the injectors and cause leaks.

This is a 2004 4400 that I have owned since new. Early on the window regulator stripped out, driver would have to help it past the stripped area until it did not work at all. I bought a new regulator/door lock assembly from the dealer and installed it years ago. It cost 550 bucks...the assembly, can't just buy the regulator by it's self on this model truck. It lasted only a few years like the original did.

I removed a good one from a used cab chassis that I sold last week to install in this truck before I sold it. I installed it again last night. It is a PIA taking the door apart to install it, not a easy deal at all. The outside door handle/lock and latch all have to be removed to install it.

Here's what it looks like out of the truck.

I have older Navistar trucks that the window regulators lasted forever. These trucks have plastic gears on the regulators...total junk. Lucky this regulator was free out of my old truck I sold. The buyer will have to find a used one which are hard to find since they don't hold up and like I said new ones are 500+ bucks!

Things like this make the late model Internationals junky,expensive and a PIA to own. IMO