Originally Posted By moparx
on the block hugger header design[?] cracks i have had any experience with , those were for SBC's and they were the "cheapo" $89.95 models. those are the ones with the thin tubing and/or the "chintzy" chrome plating. those did seem to crack around the collector area, but i really blame that on the junk, offshore material. i can't recall the brand, but there were three different brands, and all three were bought from reputable outlets. they didn't last long, and i was asked to try to repair them if possible. well, one zip with the welder told me they were made from imported steel, and any of you who do ANY amount of welding know the action you get when trying to weld that stuff. and yes, the coatings/plating was removed before trying to repair. these things i agree, should be tossed in the junk, or used on your demo derby car. even on a derby car they would probably not be a good choice.
beer
I bought mine from Racing Inovations. Stainless tubing (5/8") with 3/8" flanges. $169.09 shipped to my door. Only have about 1200 miles on them so far. Tubes discolored at the bends pretty quickly, but no cracking so far. All welds looked quality done. Time will tell. They are out of stock BTW.

Fastest 300