Originally Posted By mhutch1948
hey crizila; your set-up (very nice, great pics) is what I am thinking for my dodge car. cant seem to find that style of motor mount. I can use the spools on my current motor, and I can cut the mounts off the k-member from the 5th ave but the other way seems easier to me. I understand that I may have to move the 318 to the right 1-1 1/2in for manifold clearance.i plan on using the 904 trans and mybe the rearend also. thank you; mike
Don't know what you want to use for ex. manifolds, but I went with block hugger headers and had plenty of room to put my motor centered in the frame rails. Bigger issue might be the steering gear box / steering shaft. A rack eliminated the gear box clearance issue, so I just had to contend with the steering shaft. Cleared the headers bay about 1" - passing through the left motor mount. Make sure you have clearance with the steering system before you start welding up the mounts. My engine mount bolt holes are slotted so I can make minor side to side engine levelling adjusting if necessary. beer

Fastest 300