Originally Posted By B5 Bee
Originally Posted By GoodysGotaCuda
The carb I have now has been rebuilt twice, at least. The metering rods have some decent deterioration and in general it comes across as being "worn out" to me.

Do you have a Holley 2245 or a Carter BBD?
Holley uses a power valve, Carter has metering rods.
You may be ID'ing the power valve piston as a metering rod.
The difference between the Holley 2210 and the 2245 is the power valve piston, 2210 two step, 2245 gradient.

I tried a Holley 2245 on my '84 D100 (225, 833od). I had trouble getting the power valve system to work properly. Something was in the drilled passages that I couldn't flush out without removing lead plugs.
I found a small BBD off a 318 with tight throttle shafts, put a kit in it and forgot about the 2245.

The large BBD was used on 360s and 383s. If they are like the small version, check for throttle shaft slop if your looking for a core to rebuild. If you buy rebuilt this isn't a problem, carb rebuilers bush the bores. Buy from a store nearby with a good return policy. Many factory rebuilds are lacking in quality and have to be exchanged, sometimes more than once.

I believe it's a 2245. It has a static metering rod [2] that stay in the top plate any protrude ito the jet. Perhaps my terminology is off but it appears to look like an Edelbrock metering rod. It does have a power valve the base.

My concern with the eBay one is what has been mentioned, if it's way off, i am up a creek. Parts store may be able to swap them out. The carb I have had been rebuilt a time or two and probably needs more than a basic rebuild kit.

The Holley custom rebuild sounds interesting, and expensive. I'll see what they say for cost. I'm just looking for a good driving carb, max power is not much of a concern.

Any idea if the BBD would be a direct swap for the 2245?

1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi, T56 Magnum 6spd - https://www.facebook.com/GoodysGotaHemi
2020 RAM 1500
[img]https://i.imgur.com/v9yezP9.jpg[/img]