Cy
Originally Posted By Monte_Smith
Originally Posted By GY3
Originally Posted By an8sec70cuda
I replaced my old analog 6AL back in 2003 w/ a Digital 6 and it had a high end misfire. Sent back to Summit and they sent me a new one...same thing. Swapped my old 6AL back in and the problem went away. Got a refund from Summit. I'm still running the old 6AL.

I keep resisting the urge to go w/ one of the new programmable 6AL-2 boxes.

I wonder how much time has been wasted by people trying to figure out misfires when it's a faulty box?!

A neighbor bought aftermarket MSD stuff for his LS Turbo in his Chevelle. He said the same thing about tech support. Worthless! He and a few members of another forum have had to figure it out baseline settings for themselves by trial and error and then share it with other members.
May not have been the box. Likely the polarity. Digital and analog fire on the opposite sides of the wave. So correctly wired for one is backwards for the other on the trigger side. Color to color, or how it says in the instructions is not always correct, as I have seen both boxes and triggers from various sources wired backwards. When you encounter a run problem.......ALWAYS swap the trigger wires to see if it helps.

Guys can talk all the trash they want about MSD, but they are likely on 75% or more of race and street cars and the failure rate is VERY small. What you gonna buy that's better?

Nope, tried swapping trigger wires too.

'63 Dodge 330
11.19 @ 121 mph
Pump gas, n/a, through the mufflers on street tires with 3.54's. 3,600 lbs.
10.01 @ 133mph with a 250 shot of nitrous an a splash of race gas. 1.36 60 ft. 3,700 lbs.