"My engine is 540", 4.5" stroke. CR is 10.78 with MP Aluminum heads and solid street roller 248/254 @ .05."

You engine is very similar to mine. When I was choosing the final components for it last winter, I spoke to Lazzeri at Indy Cyl Heads at the Indy show. He strongly recommended the dual plane intake. I was very doubtful, enough so that I bought the dual plane AND their single plane Dominator intakes and ran them back to back on the dyno.

The engine pulled to 6,800, which my wedge experience told me that the DP was a non-starter. Well, the DP only gave up 10hp @ 6,800 but made 9hp more @ 4,000. And of course, the DP made significantly more torque throughout.

Bottom line; the DP not only averaged more torque as would be expected, but averaged more horse power, too. Quite a surprise.

I realize that I am running single Dominators and this post is about dual quads, but I suspect that the dual plane would still shine. Especially on a street car.

Does anyone know if Dudek runs a dual plane due to class rules or because it outperforms the single planes?

Master, again and still