T/Anks ahead!

I've had and run my 727 forever... bullet proof... basic full automatic, standard shift pattern, ~TransGo shift kit. Regardless if what rear gear (mostly 323, also tried 355, 391, 430), I use the trans in 1st - 2nd alot back-forth.... and utilize trans with brake pedal to slow down... hard... as however needed.

323 you'll use 1st mostly for typical parking lot events, occassional 2nd then back to 1st.... also, consider a 2.9 gear... as you'll always be in 1st, but 2nd for higher speed tracks if/when you encounter them.... I have a 2.9 gear which I'm going to eventually try.

355 mostly 2nd and 1st just to get to get started.

391 and up... 2nd most of the time, maybe occasional 3rd for higher speed courses but quickly back into 2nd.

You want mid-range to upper rpms most of the time... ~3500 lowest- 4500-5500-6000-6500 common (low rpms barely have enough torque with a SB).

As far as I know, reverse manual automatics are not preferred as they simply take away the needed assistance for engine rpm braking. Also, the fatal chance of missing a shift (down-shifting back into 1st).

My sprag has been a-ok... stock best that I know of... probably better available for options... if its not broken why fix it?

Last edited by Mopar Mitch; 11/08/16 03:36 PM.

Mopar Mitch "Road racers and autocrossers go in deeper and come out harder!"... and rain never stops us from having fun with our cars... in fact, it makes us better drivers! Check out MOPAR ACTION MAGAZINE, August 2006 issue for feature article and specs on my autocross T/A!