I drove the 96 Dakota into the garage. I replaced broken gas tank straps, and replaced the rear brake line. I've checked to be sure in didn't disconnect any wires or mess anything else up. Now the motor will not crank over by the key. I can jump the starter wires with the key on, and it cranks and runs. I'm getting power through the ignition switch to the yellow wire, but nothing at the starter relay.

I'm assuming there is a switch on the clutch pedal that is not working, and I'm not sure if there is a reverse shifter switch or not (its a 5 speed)

So, where is that clutch switch located, and how do I get access to it? There appears to be a switch of some kind riding on the clutch rod going from the pedal through the floor, it has 2 black wires attached that have been cut. That switch just floats up and down on the rod, it looks like there may have been an attaching point that is broken off flush with the top of the switch. Is that suppose to be the switch I'm looking for? If so, what colors would the harness wires be that someone may have already cobbled together?

Help me keep from just installing a starter button. Gene