Wife has 01 GC--we bought it with 60K on it--belonged to Jeep service managers wife--it is 2wd 4.7 now has 212K on it. I LOVE the 4.7--it hauls butt--I love it--never under 20MPG ( 2wd remember)
These jeeps all have same issues--window motors all puke--easy and cheap replacements out there--thermostat housings all leak but use factory thermostats that helps--biggest issue is air door hinges fail so ac and heat trouble--factory had a fix so many of them have been repaired by now--if ac and heat does not work you have to tear the dash out and it is a two day deal to fix but if they work don't worry--heated seats are all failed, solenoid pack replacement in trans is common but really easy--you can do it yourself and under $400 for fluid and all--brakes have known squishy pedal that seems to go all the way to floor--total fluid replacement helps big time--radiators are cheapo but take an act of congress to install--power steering hoses have odd ball fitting into pump and can fail--
we LOVE ours and I constantly look for one owner low mile unit to buy at any price--they are not out there--folks all drove the crud out of them
I agree--I work in an engine shop and I can rebuild a 4.0 for hundreds--easy --can do one drunk and it will be fine--4.7 comes into the shop we all cringe--if oil is changed --they are sweet--but.....