I took My Dart to one of the area tracks tonight and ran a street car shoot out. The class was true street n/a. The only rules were working lights, blinkers, tagged, insured, some type of muffler, DOT tires, any size and had to make a 21 mile drive, part of which was on a 70 mph four lane.

My intent was just go and make some test hits and come home but the more I thought about it the more fun it sounded so I entered. Now this deal was a cluster from the word go, not the tracks fault as two guys from St Louis promoted and ran it.

Anyway on the cruise two cars in my class break so it only leaves five of us in my class, I'm the only Mopar in any of the four classes and the only one foot breaking in my class. Out of the five my car and a Nova were the only leaf spring cars, the others were four link. My car has 325 ET Street radials and the leaf spring Nove had 315's, all three of the other cars had huge bias ply's on them.

In the first round I beat a big tired Chevy II. lost the coin toss for the bye in the second and beat the leaf spring Nova. In the final I had to run a back halved Big tire 69 Camaro, very very nice car running both n/a and power adder and was in the finals in both classes. He was running a small block, tunnel ram and two fours and was buzzing the pi$$ out of it. I treed him and apparently he had problems because he couldn't run me down. Don't know what his car was running et or mph but he was coming hard on me but just ran out of real estate.

The best I had ran previously was 6.50 and tonight went 6.47, 6.46 and 6.44 in the finals. I'm still not happy with the 60' though, 1.431, 1.426 and 1.410 in the finals.

I know I got lucky as I by no means had the fastest car in my class. I got out on the two big tired cars and they couldn't run me down. The Nova treed me but by 60' I was around him and pulled away. My nephew met me there and we talked before the final and I told him the Camaro had me covered pretty easy but I was going to try to make him earn the win. It just goes to prove the best car doesn't always win.

BTW we ran on a .500 pro tree, I have now made five hits on one in my life. I suck too, luckily tonight so did the other guys. biggrin