Originally Posted By Rhinodart
Originally Posted By Noah Zarq
I recently bought a LA small block off Craigslist for a cheap price. The guy said it came out of his uncle's propane powered truck and has been sitting in the garage for a decade. He said it was a 318, but I cleaned off the goop and found the casting number on the side of the block:4315830-360. The numbers on the front under the left head say 0K7360 (I think it's a 7,it's stamped very lightly). Next to that it says 0296. Underneath that is 031307. I've looked at several web sites and see the casting number, but I can't decipher the stamped numbers. Any ideas?

You sure there aren't a couple of other numbers stamped before the 0K7360 like 36? work Easy way to tell a 360 is the balancer has a large weight on it too. Sounds like you have a 360.

It's definitely a 360. I got someone who knows Chrysler numbers and he came up with the info: it's a 1990 Dodge 360 built in Toluca, Mexico, the 296th one produced that day. There are different numbers underneath those that don't really conform to standard, which is not unusual. Some are even stamped upside down. Definitely a regular, run of the mill 2 barrel carbureted 360 truck or van application with manual trans.

Last edited by Noah Zarq; 10/07/16 01:45 PM.