Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

never fill mine ever on hemi or 440, spin on new filter, pull coil wire and turn key. all filled and primed, put back coil wire all done and fire

I do the same thing, I try to wet the filter though. I dont have a 440 anymore but will soon. I fill the filter on the 273 3/4, still pull the coil and turn it over though.

Why in the world do so many people pull the coil wire and crank the engine???? Talk about engine damage, start the darn thing and get that oil pump working asap, plenty of oil left on the bearings. Mopar RB engins have been around since 1959, you think the dealers ever did this in the shop? Have you heard of a bearing failure epidemic?
Better question here is lets talk about when we change the oil, do it on a hot engine, let it drain, then refill it and start it within an hour. Thats how a repair shop does it. Don't wait overnight or longer to refill and start it. And no cold oil changes.

Add to this most reputable shops fill the filter before installing too.
As for spinning the engine before firing it is a recommended practice in the engine book to do this after changing the oil after winter lay up as a type of prelube but to do so with the spark plugs removed so that there is very little pressure exerted on the crankshaft bearings and the engine spins faster and freer.

5012878-Oiling.jpg (56 downloads)