Originally Posted By ss/ah3480
I'll stand by what I said about the weight...now on the horsepower thing I have no idea...lord knows I've never seen Any....
I guess it's just wishful thinkin that he would run that fast.....
Like you said earlier, there are no facts and we don't really KNOW...........BUT, what it is safe to assume is that Bob does NOT have a 100hp or more on the quickest AH cars on the planet in legal trim. He also had the car in "match race" trim. Now what that means, who knows, but if he isn't running in AH at a race, why should it be 100% legal. Maybe he has a big motor, maybe not. Maybe the car is light, maybe not. But the simple fact remains, to be that much faster and claim it SHOULD go in the 7s, common sense tells you he has one or the other or both.

Now if you want to argue the ballast fact, that's fine, but I know what these cars CAN weigh. Really trick new cars are built to be as light as possible and put weight where you need it. I know two chassis guys who have built big window Cudas in the last few years for this class. And THEY have told me what they are capable of weighing with no ballast and it is surprisingly light, even with the stock type front suspension and steering box. Now you factor in possibly a rack and some coilovers, that's probably another 50lbs. Now the picture I alluded to on his page, also has no shock stub sticking through ANYwhere in the inner fender. So Something is modified on the front of the car.

We have a stock bodied G-body, steel roof and quarters, factory door jambs, stock type front and rear suspension, factory firewall, etc. The car has a 5" bore center 765 with a dry sump. With a 165lb driver and 50lbs worth of nitrous bottles on board, the car weighs 2625 ready to make a hit. So you won't tell ME that steel, factory bodied cars can't get light with work. Ours even has a 6.0 cert cage, so it has a FC cage and other required bracing that even a 7.50 cert AH type car would not have. So that is even less weight.