the oil has absolutely perfect honey color! that and the nice water temp is why I was not too worried about the non-working oil temp probe during the first runs... which I heavily regret now!

we saw up to 90psi oil pressure with warm oil at 2500rpm... first oil adapter gasket blew when priming the motor. Thought I messed up, used another one, torqued it down a little harder, seals fine. Pump is a regular Melling

With the oil (I guess) over 300F, oil pressure at idle dropped down to 18 psi which I thought- not knowing the real oil temp- was still fine .

I will get back there on Monday, drain the oil and cut the oil filter open. If something is disintegrating in there there should be traces of bearing material or so...

Will check on the water flow too! We are aqctually measuring it, will monitor that flow too. The dyno cooling system can move up to 4000gallons / hour against >30psi backpressure.

if it is clean it has to survive another two of low load passes (up to 2500rpm, under 70lbft) before I tear in it. Thursday classes are done. I am monitoring oil now. Set up an auto shut off at 130C (266F). Hope I will not have a rod looking at me...

The rocker shafts are the hardchromed MP ones. deburred the oil holes (there were metal chips in there which annoyed me considering the price). One part I am worried about are my cheapo Ebay roller rockers. But as I said they seemed fine when I had the valve covers off.

Thanks for the knowhow. Any other ideas what to look for are very welcome.

I am a total rooky when it comes to American iron.

Last edited by Flo; 02/07/09 04:30 PM.

1967 Fury III 4door HT tiny 318, late model roller block, bored and stroked to 344