Hi, I recently purchased(june) a 1965 Chrysler 300 w/stock 383/325. The car had 51K original miles. I drove it perhaps 200 miles over the course
of 2 weeks and the car ran great w/o any issues. The first time I experienced the problem,I was just taking off from a parking area and the car just started to stumble and lose power(no popping or backfire) but didn't die. I continued on my way. I changed the stock fuel pump/filter and plug wires and continued to drive the car. I drove this car all summer in every condition possible w w/o issue. The car starts and accelerated perfect.
I put on another 700 miles. This past weekend we started on a drive and perhaps 10 miles into the trip, again going down the road @40mph it again stumbled w/loss of power but regained power. We continued on, drove another 130 miles w/o issue, both stopping/starting and normal driving. Today, I sprayed lube on the carb linkage for lack of anything else to do. I've checked all connecting and can't find anything lose. Today I drove the car and got to my destination, started back up after 2 hours, started fine, turned the corner, went 2 blocks and again the stumble, this time the engine died. I pulled over, pumped the gas once, car started up great with no backfiring or roughness. I drove home about 20 miles and again experienced no problems. anyone care to point me in a general direction? Gas or ignition? The carb is the original (AFB) never rebuilt and the ignition is bone stock points....thanks

Semper Fi