Originally Posted By GomangoCuda
Originally Posted By JohnRR
Originally Posted By GomangoCuda
I think there is a b body k on my 70 e body. My center link was no where near level. It rubbed on the oilpan and the left torsion bar. Had the worst bump steer I have ever experienced. Shimmed the box until the centerlink was level and all is well.

Considering that both the steering box and the idler arm and both bolted to the K frame how could the issue of it being an E body or a B body K frame matter?

If either the steering box or the idler arm was bolted to the unibody frame while the other was on the K that MIGHT be an issue , but not when both are bolted to the same part. Either the steering box mount was welded on wrong or the bend in the idler arm was wrong.

Pre 70 b body has a different pitman arm than e body or 71_72 b body. The e body has a flatter steering column angle to match the lower seating. If the box was also tilted on the ebody k to match the column angle then the pitman would need less offset. If this pitman was then used with a b body k then that end of the centerlink would be high. Since I have not compared any of the parts on my car with correct parts and have no idea what butchery was performed on mine by previous owners the above is pure supposition based on the misalignments that I observed. Who knows, maybe my k came out of a wrecked car.
Regardless:
Fact-the kmembers are different
Fact-the pitman arms are different
Fact-the steering column angles are different
Fact-if these parts are mixed up there will be some degree of deviation from the way they were designed to go together.

Nevermind .... I don't want to turn this thread into a pissing contest, it's already turned into a want ad ...

I'm waiting for it to go into a what's it worth wink

running up my post count some more .