So today i go to take the my 2003 Ram 4x4 1500 (84,000 miles) for a drive and get about 1/4 mile away from home and the truck just shuts down. I try restarting and the engine is missing horribly and i have to keep feathering the throttle to get it even to stay running. When i try to move forward the best i can do is one or two miles an hour with the with pedal floored!! I turn around and just limp home with the truck just barely moving completely floored.

I get back and in front of my house and it dies. Then when i go to restart it runs perfectly!! Used it the rest of the day and put on about 50 miles with no issues. We checked the battery voltage and without the engine running it's at 13 volts and with the engine running it is 17 volts.

There were NO codes when hooked up an OBD meter and scanned three times.

It just makes no sense. I was at a place today with a whole lot of savvy car guys and no one could think of any reason to what happened.

Things that seemed odd were it was charging at 17 volts though and the fuel computer in the console was showing on the freeway i was getting 12 MPG instead of 16 to 18 like normal. Other than that all is fine with the truck.

Hope someone can give me some ideas.
Thank you
Stu