Originally Posted By AndyF
But you aren't going to have any duration at .460 valve lift with the cam that you are asking for. The tip of the roller nose has almost zero duration and then the valve starts closing again.
it will have more if i use a roller lifter and a lobe to maximise it.

i dont want to go past or too far past peak flow because i dont want to get into the stall/turbulence after peak.. it gets turbulent because the air speed was maximised pretty decent at low lifts.
the heads were ported to maximize low lift flow on the old valve lift rule of .485

Quote:
Just put a normal cam in there with 0.400 lobe and then you'll have a lot of duration at .460 valve lift.

I already did this with the last cam.

i had a solid tappit in it before with 250 duration but it was a .485 total lift. the motor was too peaky.. with poor average numbers. My thought was either go past max lift so the valve sees max flow twice .once on the way up and then on the way down..this was an attempt to keep velocity and flow through the peak.
but the motor didnt like it.. it had a very peaky power curve..

i am trying to see if i stay out of the turbulent lift range to see if the power is better across the board.

this new/latest attempt is to see if going the other way with this new proposed cam will make better numbers.

the car left very strong but just fell off pulling high gear for instance. My competitors always drove bye me in high gear.
i want to see if i can make it work better...mostly to just complete the thought/process of this motor.(the lift rule isnt a factor anymore..i just want to complete my original concept.)
I have another motor with aluminum heads there is no class limits on this motor but i will need different headers and change a bunch.. which will most likely take the car off the track for a long while fitting a new setup...

365" Iron J heads,,3480lbs best 1.39 60ft on SS springs.10.54,124 mph ...6.67 1/8th et.average 60fts 1.46 w/ small cam &.063 no2 pill tagged & insured
[image][/image]