Several good points.

Even though I did have my shoes arc' to the drums, when I pulled my drums to inspect, I find that the last inch or 2 of the shoes on each end show zero sign of contact. Only the centers show moderate wear,,,,so if I should disconnect my emergency brake on warning light,,,it would not be long before I had given these shoes the wear toward ends that the deserve.

Don't recall if I stand on service brakes before setting emergency. Will be at Goodguys Nationals all weekend, so will make a point to check this out and also do some cruising about with the emergency set.

I have checked closely the cables, pulleys(or sliders) and all else. All almost new and appear good.

Had considered this product for wife's 55 TBird. Emergency on this is one of those 'T' handled jobs on the left of steering wheel. Very hard to pull to get any holding power. Somewhat gave up on idea as mounting on cables and other required hardware was going to be a nightmare for me on this car. Have seen demos of them,,,they do a hell of a job if you can fit it.

http://www.estopp.com

Last edited by Sxrxrnr; 08/25/16 11:19 PM.