Ok, I'm gonna ask here for my brake-problem witch keeping me busy the last 8 months:

Car: Chrysler Newport 1971, disc/drum (11 x 2,5 inch)
Problem started with replacing the rear brakeshoes. Brakes kept dragging, however I adjusted them. First only the passengerside, later also the drivers side.
Trying to solve the problem I did:
- new mastercylinder (same as the old one)
- new wheelcylinders
- new rearbrake hose
- new brake hardware
- new brake fluid
As far as I can think of and see: no hydraulic issue. Shoes retract full back to anchorpin after using brakepedal. Car stops very good but rear drums get to hot to touch after a few miles.

So, what did I check next?
- backingplate
- wheelbearings
Seems all OK.

Last thing I did:
- had the linings on the shoes replaced, Linings are a bit thicker now and primary and secundary shoe have the same thickness
- drums are turned
Still dragging...@#$%^&*

What I've noticed is this: both wheels of the ground, brakes adjusted, to a very very slight drag, but when I put the wheels on and tighten the lugs: much drag !! Losen the lugs just a bit: drag is almost gone !! What ??? This is also when I put the lugs just on the drums(without the wheels on)
To make it more complicated: when I set the parkingbrake a few times, drag is gone again. But then I hit the brakepedal a few times and the drums are stuck again.
Also when brakes are free and start turning the wheel by hand, forward and backwards, after 10 to 20 turns, dragging is coming back !! without touching the brakes at all..
I don't know what to do anymore, checked and double checked everything what I could think of..

Ofcourse I've been searching the w.w.w. about this and it seeems that I'm not the only one with this issue..

For those who are interested I also put this on FCBO but unfortunally no solution yet...

http://www.forcbodiesonly.com/mopar-forum/threads/rear-brake-is-driving-me-nuts.25496/

Maybe there's someone here who has the "egg of Columbus"

Luigi