Originally Posted By Cab_Burge
You really need to degree the new cam in so you get all the help from it you can twocents If you bought a new timing set with the three keyways on the crankshaft gear you need to look at it real close and read the instructions so you know what keyway to use to get the cam timed on the intake lobe centers where you want it scope up There will be three different marks on the crank gear above the keyways and three more like the ones above the keyways, a triangle, a dot and and a rectangle out under the teeth on the gear. Those are the marks you need to use to time the cam up Is the motor in the car? If so take your time to get it right. If it is on a engine satnd, which is much better for this job, then make sure and degree it thumbs twocents
I've had cams be as much as 8 degrees retarded by using the stock marks shock runaway puke No motor Mopar V8 will run worth a hoot with the cam retarded even two degrees down
Good luck, let us know your results when your done thumbs
Engine is on the stand,i hope i9 can get someone to come over with a degree wheel to help.