Originally Posted By Flo

What rockers to sue?
Anyone with REAL world experience? I really like the Comp steel rocker:
https://www.atechmotorsports.com/parts/cca-1621-16
but they only come in 1.5 ratio.

Real world experience? Yes.
The comp rockers are nice, but I rarely use them for the same reason you mentioned. No higher ratios. I almost always go up in ratio, and prefer a milder camshaft with a higher ratio rocker. With the better heads available these days more lift is needed to take advantage of their capabilities, but getting that lift with a 1.5 rocker means a cam that is too big For most street applications.

I would stay away from ball style adjusters on a roller rocker. Their only value is purely sentimental. I guess since the factory had them, then only true Mopar rockers would have them. Wrong!

Also, it's your money. Buy what works for your combination. Don't let others spend your money on overpriced, overhyped, or overkill parts.

And finally, whatever rocker you choose, make sure they are set up properly. Do a little research on Mopar rocker geometry. Its not about centering the roller on the valve stem. There's a lot more to it than that.

Here's a pic of 1.6s on a Big Block Mopar.

Sorry about the upside down pics. Sometimes I really hate this phone.

1109150910a.jpg1109150915a.jpg
Last edited by B3RE; 08/21/16 11:31 AM. Reason: Pics

Mike Beachel

I didn't write the rules of math nor create the laws of physics, I am just bound by them.