If you are doing this from scratch from a good LA I am not sure how much money you save unless you got usable magnum parts aside from the heads (magnum rockers bolts and all of that is about $200 if you have to buy them).

For example, from everything I read you have to change the magnum springs if you have a performance cam. The GM 3100 ones are $135.

The clearwater (ebay)basic 2.02 heads are $350, their super magnum (call them onthe phone, HD springs retainers etc.) are $475 +50 ship. Carolina Machine just quoted me $476 each for the 1.9x size valves plus $60 bucks shipping. 4speed.com I think is about the same price.

So heads shipped are $952 + shipping $50 - 60 = $1012.
Ededbrock LA heads from summit free shipping (12 buck handling charge = sneaky) aluminum LA are $1433+ 12= $1445 shipped. I know its $433 bucks more but I am not sure its worth the conversion hassle if you are not building an engine from scratch. I am sure the edelbrocks have a better resale value as well if you change engines and they are aluminum.

Edelbrock magnums are $1513 ish.

Clearwater, 4 speed, and CME are the only guys I could find on the net selling these.

BTW I am running 340 manifolds so I need remtek gaskets, $40. Its all of this nickle and dime stuff that gets you.

Sean