Originally Posted By 383man
Originally Posted By dodgedon
Ron, About the torque converter, About a year ago i had an issue where something broke in the converter. It would squeal only during stall. Like idle, in gear, rear tires stopped. OR slow speed brake applied, Or a squeal between shifts. At the time not sure what it was. Asked a bunch of questions here. No real answers...

I figured it had to be the converter. I replaced it, problem solved. BUT, I tried to ask here what I should be using and people said I don't need anything special. When I ordered a new one they asked me If I wanted a "high stall" I didnt think so, so i ended up with a "LOW stall"
I don't know how low this is or how high the high is... It seems very tight. Did I get the right one????

Well you could have but it depends on what your combo is. Is your car all stock or is it built up some ? That will make a big difference as well as what gears are in it and the cars weight also just to start. Do you know what kind and stall was in it at all before ? Ron

It's a 85 Dodge W350 crew cab truck. Has its original 360 and 727, I added the 9801 aftermarket Thermoquad, I added the 302 casting heads and an older Performer intake. Truck has 4.10 gears and around 33" tires. At the time i listed the numbers on the OEM torque converter here but no one could tell me what i had. Just that it was original to the truck. How many different stall speeds could have been installed originally? Did they have a low and a high stall in 85 for the trucks???

67 Charger 383 auto
75 Dodge CNT 800 CAT Diesel
2012 Ram Crew cab 5.7 4x4