Originally Posted By Rhinodart
My 2015 2500 is a 5.7 non-MDS engine, so it must have different oil. shruggy Have you checked what the dealer oil change costs? work

When I bought my 2.4L Dart I got a couple free oil changes with the deal. When I went in to use one, the service manager told me I was "lucky" to have got 2 free oil changes for my car, as they "were real expensive because you need synthetic oil". I asked how much they charge for my car's oil change and he said around $80.
They send out service special coupons from time to time and often there is a coupon for a $29 oil change. In the small print it says "Hemi, Diesel and synthetic higher".
My Dart uses 0W-20 which is only available synthetic. Needless to say, I never went back to the dealer for an oil change after I used up my free ones. I stock up on 5 qt jugs of Mobil 1 0W-20 when it's on sale at Meijer for $21 or $22, get a Wix filter at O'Reillys for around $5, so with sales tax it costs me around $29 to do my own oil change. And I don't have to worry about a clod mechanic stripping my oil plug or putting too much or too little oil in either! up
Friend of mine bought a Hellcat recently and IIRC was saying it needs 0W-40 and it's sort of hard to find. I don't see 5 qt jugs of it at my Meijers! He found OW-40 someplace, I'll have to ask where and how much he pays, but I wouldn't doubt at all dealers charging $8 a quart for that oil.