Originally Posted By B3422W5
Originally Posted By pittsburghracer
That was such a good post you had to say it twice. Lol. It comes down to some guys are happy running 12's, some 11's, some 10's, some 9's and some are always searching. I'm a budget racer that loves testing and pushing so I will have a couple of sets soon running in the 9's and pushing for more

Lol... Nah.... Just back in from being out on the lake. 95 degrees today, and the water is 86. Little too much sun I think.
Nobody says they may not be good, at any power level, just long term dependability seems to be the concern. I think it's a valid concern at this point in time. Don't you?

No I don't. I honestly think at this time a ProMaxx head is BETTER than an Edelbrock head. I've never owned a Proform head (now Speedmaster) and never will. Way to may stories about falling out seats, broke valves, and broke springs for me to invest in them. I love the looks of these heads so far and can't wait to see how they perform out of the box with the flow numbers I provided. I hate what has happened to Edelbrock over the years and can only hope the new Victor head shows more Quality. I want a set soon. I usually buy my heads bare and upgrade to a bigger valve but before these are gone I want to try to track down what kind of valves are in them. I should have asked yesterday when I called but forgot.

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time